BAIP, seeking to be socially responsible and share its extensive experience in providing information security, has approached the organizations that either manage or keep Lithuanian National Information Systems (IS) offering them to co-operate. Almost a hundred IS security managers from these organizations has gathered to the capacity building seminar and an open discussion about cyber-security with professionals from the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania (MIR) and the State Data Protection Inspectorate (SDPI) on the 1st of February, 2013.
During the seminar, cyber-security professional Dr. Vilius Benetis reviewed existing cyber-threats and primary protection measures as well as low-cost practices that would help an IS security manager to fulfill his duties. BAIP infrastructure development professional Tomas Šeikus presented modern means of data protection and recovery.
At the second part of the event participants discussed relevant security questions and were informed about the changes in the IS protection law by Gintaras Čiurlionis (director of the IT and Communications Department under the MIR), Renata Mačiulevičienė (department manager of the IT and Communications Department under the MIR) and Algirdas Kunčinas (director of the SDPI).
From our experience in both public and private sectors we know the weight and the scope of the responsibility allocated to the security managers and regulated by various laws and recommendations. Therefore, BAIP‘s suggested support for the IS security managers includes but is not restricted to:
1) Preparation and presentation of benchmarks for a systematic defense plan for your organization;
2) Help with technical tools when examining a security incident before starting a police investigation;
3) Help in preparation and implementation of an individual security manager program;
4) One-time or regular revision of IT vulnerabilities;
5) Regular amendments' installation;
6) System resistance (backup and recovery) strengthening;
7) SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls Solutions training.
If you are interested in the solutions mentioned or if you would like to get more information, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.