Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
Dr Vilius Benetis
CEO NRD Cyber Security
Membership in professional associations
- CISA, CRISC, COBIT5(f), CSX(f)
- Chairman of ISACA Lithuania
- ITU-D SG2Q3, GFCE group B, CIS CSC
Countries / regions of work experience
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Iceland, Israel, Denmark, UK, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, China, Moldova, Cyprus, Finland, Sweden, Egypt, India
Areas of expertise
- CSIRT/SOCs Establishment
- Cyber Security Resilience
- ICT Governance & Audit
- IT Infrastructure Architecture
Prof. Vilius Benetis specializes in incident response capability establishment (CSIRT/SOCs), public sector information security consulting, law enforcement e-crime optimization platforms, digital surveillance (OSINT), IT security automation, and telecommunications engineering and compliance management.
Prof. Vilius Benetis is also a researcher and a promoter of Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense, who has twenty years of experience in IT project management, IT auditing, and IT consultancy. Vilius is also the president of ISACA Lithuania Chapter.
Prof. Vilius Benetis graduated from Kaunas Technical University (KTU), with BSc in Computer Science as well as MSc and PhD in Tele-traffic Engineering from Danish Technical University, and currently serves as a cyber security industry professor at KTU.
Publications and videos
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals Study Guide 2nd Edition, ISACA, February 2017;
- Co-author: Cybersecurity Workforce Handbook: A Practical Guide to Managing Your Workforce, Council on Cybersecurity, October 2014;
- European Cybersecurity Implementation Series, ISACA (Contribution: Member of core development team), August 2014;
- Risk Scenarios Using COBIT 5 for Risk, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-468-1 (Contribution: Expert Reviewer), September 23, 2014;
- Advanced Persistent Threats: How To Manage The Risk To Your Business, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-348-6 (Contribution: Expert Reviewer), November 2013;
- COBIT 5 and 4.1, Lithuanian (Translation Editorial Board), ISACA, 2011-2014;
- Transforming Cybersecurity Using COBIT 5, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-342-4, June 2013;
- Responding to Targeted Cyberattacks, ISACA, ISBN 978-1-60420-337-3 (Contribution: Subject Matter Expert), May 2013.