Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
Dr Vilius Benetis
CEO NRD Cyber Security
Membership in professional associations
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control) by ISACA
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) by ISACA
- Membership Director of the ISACA Lithuanian Chapter
Countries / regions of work experience
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Iceland, Israel, Denmark, UK, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, China, Moldova
Areas of expertise
- ICT governance & audit
- SOC/SCIRT establishment
- Public Sector Information Security Consulting
- IT Infrastructure Architecture
Dr Benetis specializes in law enforcement e-crime optimization platforms, digital surveillance (OSINT), incident response capability establishment, public sector information security consulting, IT infrastructure architecture, IT security automation, and telecommunications engineering and compliance management. Dr Benetis is the project manager for the National Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) implementation project in Bangladesh.
Dr Benetis is also a researcher and a promoter of Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense, who has twenty years of experience in the IT sector and ten years of experience in IT project management, IT auditing, and IT consultancy.
Dr. Vilius Benetis graduated from Kaunas Technical University, as well as from Danish Technical University in BSc in Computer Science, MSc and PhD in Tele-traffic Engineering. Mr. Benetis has been on fellowship at Tsinghua University’s Hitachi Labs. He has extensive experience in the corporate sector (Motorola, CA technologies, Dell), where supported IT services and management project sales and implementations.
Publications and videos
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals Study Guide 2nd Edition, ISACA, February 2017;
- Co-author: Cybersecurity Workforce Handbook: A Practical Guide to Managing Your Workforce, Council on Cybersecurity, October 2014;
- European Cybersecurity Implementation Series, ISACA (Contribution: Member of core development team), August 2014;
- Risk Scenarios Using COBIT 5 for Risk, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-468-1 (Contribution: Expert Reviewer), September 23, 2014;
- Advanced Persistent Threats: How To Manage The Risk To Your Business, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-348-6 (Contribution: Expert Reviewer), November 2013;
- COBIT 5 and 4.1, Lithuanian (Translation Editorial Board), ISACA, 2011-2014;
- Transforming Cybersecurity Using COBIT 5, ISACA, ISBN: 978-1-60420-342-4, June 2013;
- Responding to Targeted Cyberattacks, ISACA, ISBN 978-1-60420-337-3 (Contribution: Subject Matter Expert), May 2013.