Date February 5-7, 2018
Location Hamburg (DE)
53rd TF-CSIRT meeting & FIRST Regional Symposium Europe, hosted by DFN-CERT Services GmbH. FIRST Symposia provide a discussion forum for FIRST member teams to share information about vulnerabilities, incidents, tools and all other issues that affect the operation of incident response and security teams.
The event comprises of several different parts and 7th of February is mainly dedicated to training and hands-on courses. NRD Cyber Security OSINT expert Mr Kazimieras Sadauskas will lead one out of four parallel sessions and deliver a training on Open Source Intelligence at the Suderelbe room at the Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg.
Course level: Beginners-Advanced
Pre-requisites. Personal computers.
Abstract. Increasing availability of open source and on line data urged a more intense and focused investment in open source collection and analysis. Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) analysis and monitoring of data from open sources, can help organizations anticipate, prepare for and understand events. OSINT is recognized as an empowering methodology that exploits and combines the capabilities of human intelligence with the machine intelligence of search engines and other computer tools. Today open source intelligence methods are not an exclusive government domain and are increasingly employed by businesses, non-governmental organizations, journalists, and alike.
During this course participants will be introduced to the concept of OSINT and SOCMINT (Social Media Intelligence) and will be presented various tools and methods for targeted information gathering and analysis on-line. We will focus on:
- Automated information collection from different websites and social media platforms;
- Use of search engines for research purposes (string operators, search tools and strategies);
- Use and management of monitoring tools; -Information collection from social media platforms;
- Personal data Protection and privacy.
Learning outcomes. After this course participants will be able to:
- Identify information sources that are relevant to your organization;
- Fast and accurate information collection from extensive number of information sources;
- Conduct internet research in a safer environment and protect privacy online;
- Reduce risks of information disclosure.
Schedule. Training will take place from 09:00 -18:00 at the Suderelbe room at the Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg.
More information and registration: https://first.org/events/symposium/hamburg2018/program#d20180207