Date 19-22 April 2021
NRD Cyber Security has been named as one of the ITU CoEs in Europe for the 2019-22 cycle. We will be providing training courses on cybersecurity incident management and cybersecurity team establishment. The topics and dates for the 2021 training courses have been announced and the registration is now live!
If you require any further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuous growth and reliance on Information Communication and Technologies (ICT) results not only in benefits to organizations, but also in cyber incidents, which threatens ICT infrastructure and sensitive data inside it. The ability to timely detect, mitigate and recover from cyber incidents is a crucial capability to organizations, established and managed within Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs/CERTs/CIRTs) and Security Operation Centers (SOCs), thereafter - cybersecurity team.
The course dives deep into CSIRT/SOC establishment practice, where combination of theory, unique experience with lessons learned, and hands-on practice give attendees a clear and actionable picture on how to build an effective cybersecurity team. The training is designed for non-technical professionals who are or will be responsible for cybersecurity teams/CSIRT/CERT/SOC establishment, management and growth in governmental and private sectors.
This training helps to successively prepare for cybersecurity team establishment and answers the main questions raised before starting:
- How to build an effective cybersecurity team? Overview, discussion, and practice about a mandate, governance, team and its structure, timeline, lessons learned from similar establishments, financial planning.
- What services in addition to incident management to introduce and how? Applied mandatory and complimentary services, best international practice for services models, incident management, incident management workflows and variations.
- What technology is behind it? Scrutiny of principal architecture for CSIRT stack, integrations and managerial (not technical) look into technologies, automation vs manual, and technology trends.
- How to mature security services and when? Elaboration of KPIs, SLAs and related metrics, security briefings, weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reports, analysis of examples and exercises on how to plan improvements for security services provided.
- What is the baseline for it? Presentation of best international models measuring the maturity of cybersecurity team and its various components, advice on how to use them and how they help in operational environment.
Your tutor: Vilius Benetis, CSIRT/SOC architect, cybersecurity incident handling expert, researcher practitioner, Director of NRD Cyber Security
"The provided materials are more than sufficient for a minimal SOC formation including budget presentation to the board, abilities to operate and present what is necessary, discussions with third party vendors."
"The information which was provided during the training was up-to-date and the lecturer was very precise and professional."